Saturday, April 23, 2016

A day that I wish I could have cancelled....


No, this is not a Jaguar showroom with a classic car.  This is the Museum of Modern Art in NYC, where this car was on display as a piece of art. And this is where my niece and I made plans to go several weeks ago....

- - - - - -

Today was another depressing day at work.  The time I had planned to spend completing one of the tasks on my task list got taken away and put on other tasks - where my memory failed me, making me feel embarrassed in front of my boss.  And the more mistakes that I make, the more at risk I am of not being able to earn my keep....

- - - - - -



So with a feeling of dread in mind, I went to MoMA, met up with my niece, and saw several exhibits - including artwork by Degas, and some architectural models from a "school" (not referring to any classroom here) of Japanese architects. 






Many of these models were pieces of art in their own right, and could give only a hint of what the completed buildings would look like in their final setting.  Unfortunately, I was not able to do any of these models justice, so I decided not to spend time taking photos in this gallery.

While we were walking around, I noticed quite a few women dressing to impress.  Quite a few wore dresses and skirts, many of these women were also wearing bold colors and patterns drawing attention to them as if they were peacocks.  Damn, I was envious of these ladies, both for the clothes and for their figures!

Towards the end of our visit, we stumbled into the Degas exhibition.  There was one series of prints I was very interested in - the works he did of women in a brothel. Did he partake of their services?  I wouldn't doubt it.  But my niece found these works more interesting than the other works of his on display.





Although my photography is terrible, not doing these pictures justice, they should give you an idea of why these works were so captivating....

All too soon, the museum closed, and it was time to leave.  Both of us wish we had more time, and I know that we'll be looking for another museum to visit in the near future....




No comments:

Post a Comment