Saturday, April 2, 2016

A continued conversation....



As I've mentioned in many a post, there are all sorts of musicians performing in the NYC Subway system.  Today was a chance to chat with this performer (en-homme), and explain why I was a touch paranoid for the safety of this blog's readers....

- - - - - -

About 3 years ago, I posted an entry about seeing "The Saw Lady" in this blog.  She noticed that I referenced her web site, and contacted me.  I got off to the wrong start, as I was concerned about the people I was writing about at the time - especially, given that being outed as Transgender in the wrong time and place can have serious repercussions.  So I had to introduce myself....

After hearing her perform the theme from "The Sound of Music", I started up a conversation. And then I mentioned that we had chatted before, with me not being at my best.  Showing her my picture in Marian mode, she remembered me immediately - and we chatted a bit before I left her to continue playing her saw....

- - - - - -

Every time I open up and show someone my picture in Marian mode, they can't believe it. (At least, I think I photograph well.)  But when I open up my mouth and speak with a voice in the low end of a female range, they are even more surprised. I guess that like it or not, I'm in a position doing semi-regular outreach for our community.  Hopefully, I'm showing us in a good light....






1 comment:

  1. Very brave for doing this things for especially the women. Thanks for this info and details about this thing.

    Buy Ironing Boards Online | buy clothes drying stand online

    ReplyDelete