Saturday, March 26, 2016

The Whine and Dine may meet again....



GFJ went to the dermatologist today, and the second doctor did a better job of inspecting her body for signs of skin disease than the one that worked on her a couple of weeks ago.  This time, she found that the spot on her back needs a deeper evacuation than done by the first dermatologist, and that she will need to contact another doctor to deal with this problem.

You might ask - why do I mention GFJ's health?  Well, GFJ is feeling ill (she has a nasty, sick sounding cough coupled with laryngitis), and won't be able to make it to "An Evening with Groucho" this weekend. So I'm going to take Vicki to the production, and treat her to a night out. (She is on a dollar restricted "diet", as her husband's union will soon go on strike, so that they can use labor law to prevent the company from laying off large numbers of unionized staff in a highly regulated firm in the communications industry.) 

Last night, I mentioned this play to Lili, she got upset - as she wanted first dibs on my time.  The reality is - it's been a long time since I've seen Vicki, and she was the first person I thought of - because we used to go to Broadway plays several times each year.  So I made up a little story that I didn't think Lili would like the play (I lied and called it a drama), and invited a friend who loves dramas....  Of course, I did invite Lili to come to NYC with me the weekend before to see a play, and she couldn't make it.  You can guess that I don't feel guilty about this....

Now, I could invite Lili to next week's gathering of the Whine and Dine crew.  But I don't think she'll be able to hold her own in the group, as she doesn't have much of a life.  Most of the women in the Whine and Dine group have jobs, husbands, and things they enjoy doing.  Lili, on the other hand, doesn't have many interests. Since I don't want to risk my position (tenuous as it may be) with the Whine and Dine crew, I'll play it safe and leave Lili behind.

It's been almost 2 months since I was last with the Whine and Dine crew.  And it will feel strange to be with them, and yet, it will be like "old home week".  Yes, I want to be with the ladies again, as I need my time as Marian....



No comments:

Post a Comment