Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Quickie: Settling in at work


It was my second day at the office, and I've found out that it's a very relaxed place that works hard, but also knows how not to sweat the small things.  When my boss said that many people came in to the office in jeans, I didn't realize how many people did so.  In a way, I feel like I'm a Silicon Valley startup after it has gone public, and the original shareholders have made their stash.

Why do I mention this?  Well, Mario had to refresh his male wardrobe, and I made a run to Penney's to refresh some of the items in his wardrobe.  Now that I know that the wardrobe requirements will be very informal, I had to buy both shirts and trousers that fit the office style.  And buy I did - 4 shirts on clearance.  (I rarely wear short sleeves to work as Mario. I only wish I could justify transitioning at this time and put up with all the discomforts of a Lower Manhattan commute as Marian.) 

Of course, I'm totally exhausted now, and it'll take some time to get sync'ed with my new schedule.  So I'll sign off, envying the cisgender women at my office (virtually all of them high skilled techs) for both their bodies and being able to be comfortable in their skin....



No comments:

Post a Comment