Thursday, March 24, 2016

Potentially meeting with two friends.


Yes, I am thinking of another 3 day trip to the DC area.  I just don't know whether I'll be traveling there in May, or whether I'll be traveling in September.  It all depends on how things are going at my job, and how stable things are with my dad.

Assuming I go to DC, it will be en-femme, of course.  The odds are that I'll try to see one former blogger who now has a good life with a good wife. And I'll also try to see one friend that I haven't seen since my first Fantasia Fair.  Hopefully, I'll be able to see both of them on different days.

Getting a day off so early in my tenure with the firm may be asking for a bit too much. But I won't know until I test the waters a little.  With this being said, I'll err on the side of caution, and do nothing unless I get a good read on my boss - our relationship is good, and I want to keep it that way.

Assuming that I go to DC, I have a choice - train or car.  I can still get good rates if I travel by train.  But this won't last long.  I've taken the train to DC while en-femme, and this isn't a problem for me.  And I've driven all over the place while en-femme, so I don't worry much about this either.  As long as I'm not pulled over by a cop for traffic infractions, my voice is good enough to make it through a drunk driver checkpoint.

So keep your fingers crossed....

- - - - - -

On other matters....  I went to a PMI meeting tonight, and met a couple of old friends.  One friend had just gotten laid off from her job the day she came back from vacation.  Boy, did she get screwed.  She was glad that I gave her a couple of pointers that I used for my resume to counter possible age discrimination before an interview.  Hopefully, she'll get her feet in the door, get a good interview, and get that job!

Why do I mention this lady?  Well, she saw a glow on my face, a happiness that she had never seen before.  She realized that her time off was just as much an opportunity for her as it was for me when I was out of work.  I told her of many of the things I did, such as learning Mah Jongg. But I did not feel comfortable telling her that I was Transgender while in this forum.  One day, we'll meet for coffee, and maybe I'll tell her then.  But first, I have to evaluate the risk factor before being open with her.  There is a lot of prejudice in this world, and I don't want to put my network at risk because of it.  More later on this topic.....





No comments:

Post a Comment