Sunday, March 20, 2016

Out of mind, out of sync....


This is Boeing's latest version of its iconic 747 aircraft.  And GFJ's son will be coming in tomorrow morning from a trip halfway around the world.  Sadly (for him), he missed his flight because it was overbooked. But as part of being bumped, they took care of all his expenses, made sure he had a seat assignment on the next flight, and gave him $800 to compensate him for his troubles.

But what does this have to today's post?

GFJ was working today, and had planned to pick up her son at 10:00 pm, making it impossible to see me until tomorrow.  This left me free to make other plans, and those plans involved spending the day in Marian mode.... 

Originally, I planned to see an Off Broadway play as part of the "20@20" special (which ends tomorrow), and then see Lili in the evening.  Well, by the time I made it to the Henry Hudson Bridge approach, I realized that I'd never make the play on time, and that it would make sense to make alternate plans.  So I called BXM - who was out in New Jersey visiting other stores belonging to the thrift shop chain she patronizes in her neighborhood. She could see me in the evening, but that would mean cancelling plans with Lili - and that would go over like a lead balloon. So I had to bail on that idea.  Then I turned around and thought of calling YGM - but she didn't pick up her phone during the day. So I ended up taking a long drive into Connecticut to visit my favorite plus size consignment store.

I got to the store with a half hour to spare, but saw nothing of interest.  While I was on my way back, I called DCD - and (supposedly) his problem with a (now) unwanted house guest will be going away.  Instead of this alcoholic causing DCD problems in his life (as she would have done if her child wasn't an outside issue), she will be following the advice of her lawyer, who told her to establish a residence of her own, so that she had a shot of getting custody of her infant child. DCD may have dodged a bullet.  At the end of the call, YGM called....

YGM has been having problems of her own, but they are getting better.  Her husband is getting the help he needs, and her children are taking well to their new place of residence. Don't read much more into this.  There are complications that I am not free to talk about, and she has a strong and loving relationship with her husband....

Then it was over to see Lili....

Lili is dog sitting for her son, and will be going to a joint therapy session with her son and his wife, to help sort out issues they have between them. So we couldn't go out to eat until after the dog was fed and walked.  While driving back from the diner, GFJ called.  She asked if I wanted to hear the bad news first or the good news.  I said the bad news, and GFJ told me the story of her son not making his flight and getting $800 in compensation for it.  As a result, this freed GFJ to come here (after spending a full day in Marian mode) and spend the evening, plus half the next day, with me - disrupting plans Lili had for me this evening. 

As you can see - nothing in my life was in sync today.  And yet, the day had a happy ending to it....




No comments:

Post a Comment