Friday, March 18, 2016

No games tonight. Sometimes, it's nicer to dine with other ladies.


As much as I'd have gone to game night if it were held today, there are times that I'd rather hang out with women as a peer and be expected to maintain a "near perfect" feminine presentation.  Tonight was one of those nights, and I was fortunate that there was a women's meetup group getting together at a restaurant in Rye for dinner tonight....

- - - - - -

Recently, TV/Movie production is being filmed near the South Street Seaport.  Unlike my former work location (where there was a TV/Movie studio in a nearby building), I didn't expect to see any thing like the images below in walking distance of where I work.




The above production went on through the day, and they were still working when I left.

- - - - - -

I'm very grateful that I negotiated to leave the office early on Thursdays.  My boss gets to know that I follow a predictable schedule, and I know that I won't get any flak for leaving early to turn myself from Mario into Marian.  I think I'd go nuts without some Marian time every week, and I know that I need that special camaraderie that only women can share.

Since tonight's game night was cancelled, I looked for (and found) another meetup where I could go in Marian mode.  And tonight's meetup was with a group of women I've dined with before. As expected, I had a great time - as I was just another woman in a group of women.  If anyone has any suspicions about me, I'll be glad to say that I am a pre-op transgender. But no one has yet asked me any questions.

I miss the Whine and Dine group.  But I'm fortunate - I have other groups of women with whom I can associate, when GFJ is otherwise unavailable....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment