Friday, March 25, 2016

A typical Thursday, with a minor wrinkle or two.


Today was a typical Thursday - a little work, followed by a rush to get home, change from Mario to Marian, and then off to Yonkers to play games.  However, two things of note come to mind about the day: (1) I will find out more about my dad and his options for treatment sometime tomorrow, and (2) I may have just landed into a position where I get a lot of great bullets to put on my resume.


- - - - - -

When I got into the office this morning, I found out that I would not likely have a fully functioning computer on my desk until sometime tomorrow.  This is not a big issue, as I am not touching/modifying any production system yet.  But I do need for this problem to be fixed by the time my boss leaves on his vacation.

Shortly afterward, it was time for an "All Hands Meeting" held by one of our bigwigs, and I found out how profitable my division is compared to the rest of the company, as well as finding out that one of our problem areas was about to be addressed by management. Everything was good news, as it indicated that we have the money to deal with our problems, and that we are doing well in meeting the challenges that are coming our way. In short, it's nice to be working for an important area of a firm again, and to know that I have more reason to show up than to just collect a paycheck.

Around 4:00, my boss was hesitant to start a training session. But I figured that it made sense for me to hang out for a half hour or so, and get as much out of his presence as possible. (He'll be away for 3 weeks, and I like being able to pick his brain.) Even so, he ended our session at 4:30, and it was out the door for my chameleon like transformation into Marian.



Due to some GI Tract issues, I ended up being late to game night - but I had a good time while there.  I didn't win any games, but I enjoyed the conversation.  Hopefully, next week will be different - and I'll win for a change....




No comments:

Post a Comment