Saturday, February 6, 2016

Updates and current news


Today, I accepted the verbal offer from the Lower Manhattan firm.  However, we weren't sure of the start date until late in the afternoon - and I didn't get my confirmation emails until late in the evening.  So I couldn't tell anyone when I'd be starting, or make definite plans for rescheduling certain appointments....

- - - - - - 

When I got moving today, I expected that I'd have to get out of the house by 1:00 or so, as I needed to be out when the cleaning lady came.  Again, I did not need to do so, as she didn't come as expected, and I think that her next scheduled visit will now be 2 weeks from now.  This time I see her, I'll give her some good news - that once I start work, we can go back to a bi-weekly schedule for her visits.

There was one person I wanted to see, someone who didn't remember who I was until I reminded her of my last visit. This was the lady I befriended at the local bank (a platform officer), and was someone who I wanted to visit in female mode.  Today I dropped in on her, and we ended up gabbing as women would normally do.  If we're both free on a Saturday sometime in the future, we'll try to do something together....

After that visit, I dropped in on Lili. It was nice to see her again. I told her of the good news, and she wanted to celebrate.  I said that I wasn't in the mood for a big dinner - it's something we can do next week.  Instead, we watched a movie on TV, and then went out to the local diner for a nibble.  I'm glad that GFJ was coming here late, as I didn't want to rush home....

- - - - - -

As you can see, not much happened today, but I wonder what was going on when I withdrew money from a Chase bank ATM halfway between Peekskill and Yorktown on Route 202.  When I arrived, there were several police cars in the parking lot, plus several off bank property, and the main door was blocked with police tape.  Could the place have been robbed?  I later found out that this was the case.  However, the policeman directed me to a different exit from the one a police car was now blocking, and called me Ma'am....

It's nice when people treat you like a lady - even when all they can do is point you in the right direction....




No comments:

Post a Comment