Sunday, February 7, 2016

The countdown begins....


I accepted the offer, and I now have less than 3 weeks to get everything ready for me to start work.  The highest priority I have is to take care of the pre-employment processing needed by my new firm, followed by taking care of any appointments necessary for my health within this last period of free time during a normal work week.  It's interesting that I'll have been out of the work force for exactly 1 & 3/4 years when I start this new job....

It's going to be a great shock being at a job again. First, comes the ritual of getting things set up - commutation tickets, parking passes, and the routine of getting up at a fixed time each day, so that I can make it to work on time. I'm not used to this anymore.  Then comes the smaller things such as buying enough of a business wardrobe to look good on the job. There is a lot I must do to get ready, and I never thought things would happen so quickly.

Much of my free time will be spent in Marian mode - except when Mario's presence is required.  One of those days will be that of the dreaded drug test.  (I hate pissing into a cup - even though I know I'm clean of all illegal substances.)  Another day or two will be on days that I visit my doctor and my dentist.   So many things to do, and no so little time.

I'll miss being able to connect with many of my friends at will.  The friendships I've built up as Marian will be hard to let go of.  I should say that letting go is only a release of the ease that I was able to see them.  Now, we'll have to maintain contact by other means, until we can meet again in person.

There are so many things to think about, that I'll have to start making lists - specifically of the things that MUST get done before I start work, and of the thinks I'll have to take care of on a schedule once work begins.  I hope I can keep things straight....

No comments:

Post a Comment