Saturday, February 27, 2016

I know I'm getting bad - I'm forgetting things all over the place!


Yesterday, it was my Mah Jongg set at game night.  Today, it was my reading glasses at NPW.  What f\will I forget next?  Is my forgetful behavior a touch of nervousness about working for the first time in 21 months?  Who knows?

- - - - - -

As much as I wanted to stay in bed today, I realized that I made a commitment to go to NPW one last time before I start work. So I showered, did my makeup, found something to wear, then went off to spend a last couple of hours at NPW.

At NPW, things were as expected.  NPWJ was busy, and her assistant was trying to make headway with a problem she was having with the new contact management software.  It seems she hadn't had a chance to work on the system since I was last there, and nothing much got done while I was away.  It pleased me to help them start loading the non-member contact list into the system, as I knew that once they got that part of the project started, they wouldn't stop until they have moved everything off of their old email manager and onto the new system. 

It was a little bittersweet saying goodbye.  I'll miss these ladies, as this place was a good place to stay a little active while looking for work.  But when I left, I forgot my reading glasses there - and had to ask NPWJ (via email) if she can drop the glasses over to my place one night next week, as she lives 5 minutes away from me....

Then it was off to Lili's place.  She made reservations for a nice restaurant in her area, Char, and we had to be there by 6:00 pm.  Lili invited her tenant (she owns a second house on her property) to dine with us - and it was a pleasure to have him come along.  Although Lili told him a little bit about me (specifically about being TG), it didn't get in the way of us having a great time.  One problem - this place was a little over priced for the quality of food they served, and Lili had to return her plate to get a dish that satisfied her.  None of us were really satisfied with our meals, and though both the service and atmosphere were good, the price/value point we'd want in a place we'd visit again wasn't met.  So we'll look for another place to go the next time we go out....

Once done with dinner, I rushed home.  It was amazing how tired I was, as I fell out as soon as I put my head on the pillow for a nap.  Hopefully, this isn't a sign of things to start coming next week....





No comments:

Post a Comment