Monday, February 8, 2016

Fun and games on a Sunday....

GFJ left for her sister's 65th birthday party today, and I had a rare Sunday free to be in Marian Mode.  (And I didn't waste a single second of it!)

- - - - - -

When I got up, GFJ was getting showered and dressed, so that she could pick her Mother and get to her niece's place by noon.  Of course, this timing precluded any opportunity I had to go to Church, but it didn't prevent me from being ready for two separate women's meetup groups to play games.

Even though I had more than enough time to get to WPB's place for games, I was over an hour late.  AARGH!!!  I just couldn't get myself moving, and almost called to bug out.  Luckily, WPB called me, and got me motivated to be there for game day.  And I had fun, having played a couple of games of Rummikub, followed by a game of Mah Jongg.

Once done at WPB's, I trekked to lower county, where I bought a pair of ballerina flats at The Avenue. While on the way there, I called YGM, and we chatted about her moving out of Yonkers early, as well as trying to find time to get together before I start work.  Then I called Pat, and she expressed an interest in getting together. So I filled up my car, and drove over to Pat's place.  (She had originally expressed an interest in going to see a comedy program in Brooklyn, but she realized that we wouldn't have enough time to get there with time to both park and get online for free tickets.)  By the time I got there, all she wanted to do was relax and chat (something I wanted more than a drive to Brooklyn) and that's what we did.  


We got into an interesting discussion, and then I mentioned how I felt when I wore the above dress on Thanksgiving Day (on the cruise). Pat was surprised that I had an innately female reaction when wearing this dress. Then we talked about our romantic lives and how men and women process the world differently because of social factors and innate biological factors - including how a woman can be attracted to different men during times of the month, and how one person can be a long term mate, while another can be a CLFB ("Cute Little Fuck Buddy", as Vicki would put it). Not being biologically female, I can only understand a small part of this phenomenon. But I understood enough to have an intelligent conversation with a cisgender woman about it.

- - - - - -

All too quickly, it was time to go home.  And I chatted with GFJ while both of us were on our respective drives home. It's nice to speak with her at the end of the day.  It would have been nicer if she had been able to stay the day with me. But I'd have never have been able to go out as Marian, and for that little luxury, I am grateful....



   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment