Friday, February 12, 2016

And now for our regularly scheduled glitch....


When I got up today, I knew that it would be my last day at the GLBT Center.  However, I didn't know that I'd still be having issues with the new firm regarding my status as a VP in the old firm.

Did any of your recent reviews have the title of Vice President Listed?  It not a question of how long you have held the title of Vice President, we are wanting to confirm that this was the most recent title as well.   

As you can guess, the pre-employment screening firm is doing its duty, but is being a pain in the ass about this title.  The bank never takes away titles from people who have earned them, yet it has disappeared from the personnel record passed to the screening firm.  So I sent the following letter to a couple of my acquaintances at the old firm:

- - -

I need some advice.  As you know, I left the bank with a VP title.  But the screening firm being used by my prospective new employer isn't finding that title as my most recent one with the bank.  (Note: I still have a 2007 review stating I was a VP, and sent the header page to them.) So we keep going round and round, and I received the following today.....

Did any of your recent reviews have the title of Vice President Listed?  It not a question of how long you have held the title of Vice President, we are wanting to confirm that this was the most recent title as well.   

I have no way to prove this from the documentation I have on departure.  Any ideas on how I can get proof of my VP title sent to the new firm, as they are not getting it from the bank's representatives?

- - -

I was starting to get to the point where I don't want the new job.  If their screening process is putting me through these hoops, did I want to work there?  Little did I know that this problem would be smoothed out before I went to play games - and I had a confirmed offer in my inbox by 7:00 pm....

Now to get used to getting out of the house by 6:30 am, so I can be at work by 8:30 am....

- - - - - -

Onto other things....

Today was my last day at the GLBT center - and they bought a cake for me to congratulate me.  It was nice of them to think of me.  After the mandatory cake eating, I started my last task there - making phone calls of the Seniors list to let them know that we have changed the format of our Senior Group meeting. Before the director left, I was told that some of the people were contacted by Kelly - and this was a disaster. The director was confident that I'd do a much better job than Kelly. Once I got moving with the phone calls, it was amazing how many of the numbers we had were of phones no longer in service. This is to be expected with a senior population, but I didn't expect the number of out of service phones to be so high....

As I left, the director gave me a gift, based on info covered at lunch - an old, wooden set of Mah Jongg tiles.  This was a perfect gift.  And then, I was able to pick up an old monitor for GFJ's home computer.  On the whole, this was a good day at the center - I accomplished something on my way out, my service was recognized, I got some freebies, and I didn't have to deal with Kelly!.

PS: Somehow, my original post was abbreviated by Google, due to the way I closed things out.  So I just edited in discussion of the job offer as a single block to make things easy for me.  More on this subject soon....
 













No comments:

Post a Comment