Tuesday, February 9, 2016

A quiet day, looking for needed emails....


Thankfully, I've rarely have as many concurrent demands made of my time as this woman seems to be dealing with.  It's a man's world, and women know it - as they fill in all the gaps in life that men don't realize that even exist.

- - - - - -

One of the things I had to deal with is being ready for any paper processing that may come down the pike from my new employer.  The other day, I received this email:

Congratulations on accepting an offer with New Firm!
As part of our pre-employment process, we need to collect some additional information from you. Please follow the steps below as part of our onboarding process:

  • Click here to provide your required pre-employment details
  • Enter your username and password
    • As a reminder, your username is: new-employee
    • If needed, reset your password with the "Forgot your password?" link or email careers@new-firm for assistance
  • Verify your name and personal email address; add your date of birth and national ID
  • Confirm all fields are correct by clicking the 'Pre-Employment Info Complete' check box.
  • Click “Save and Continue”
  • Review your information and click “Submit”
Thank you

Once I receive a specific email, I'll have 2 days to get drug tested (which requires some time spent as Mario), and to make sure that they have all the information they need to validate my prior employment and my "fitness" to work in their firm.  Since I'm serious about wanting to work, I don't want to take the chance of screwing things up. So I'll contact the HR rep in the morning to be safe....

- - - - - -

Since I had nothing much to do today except wait for the expected emails from my new employer, I had the ability to enjoy a nice relaxing day - until about 5:00 pm, when I had to get ready for a conversation with an employment councilor at the GLBT Center.  You might be asking WHY I want to see someone after finding a job?  Well, I wanted to chat about the possibility of eventually finding work as Marian and not as Mario.  And this HR person from a local firm was an excellent resource.  As I see it, even though I present well as a Trans person, I need to work on my voice before I can take things to the next step - where my voice doesn't reveal anything during an interview, and if given a verbal offer, where any discrimination on a new employer's part can be proven as discriminatory....

- - - - - -

There were other things I could have done, such as laundry.  But I chose to relax all day before going out for my one meeting en-femme.  And I know I'll have few more days like this until I am inundated by the demands of work....  




No comments:

Post a Comment