Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A last long weekend with GFJ


As I write this, it's Presidents' Day, and I've been enjoying one of my last days of solitude between a long weekend with GFJ, and the job I'll be starting by the time you read this entry.

- - - - - -

This weekend, it was too cold to do anything but stay inside.  I used one of my late friend Tony's lines: "We don't have any Temperature anymore!" as the thermometer reached zero degrees at GFJ's house.  It was nice to be with GFJ, but I was getting a little antsy - even though it was Valentine's Day weekend, I simply wanted to get outside and see sunshine through a car window.

Of course, I wasn't going to make a big deal about this. First, it was very cold outside. And second, I wanted to make sure that GFJ knew that I'd give her happiness at a high priority. With GFJ starting to come down with a possible cold, I made sure to stay overnight, and leave her place this morning - making her feel a lot better.

- - - - - -

Over the weekend, my friend WDS (who doesn't know I'm trans) said that he was going to send me a gift - an iPad Air 2.  I really don't need more electronic gizmos, and like my dad, I don't like accepting big gifts from friends or family.  Part of the reason is that I like choosing what I feel I need using the funds I've earned. But a bigger part of the reason for not liking big gifts is that I am rarely comfortable giving them - and do not want to accept something that I'd feel uncomfortable giving in similar circumstances. He noted that he was going to send me this gift no matter what I said, so he asked - "What do I want inscribed on the case?"  And here was where my second dilemma came in.  If I decide to socially transition in the near future, I don't want my male name on the tablet. So I thought about it for a few minutes, and responded with "M. A. Johnson".  I figure that my post-transition name will use the same initials, so that this is a safe inscription for the tablet.

- - - - - -

My original plans for the afternoon were to go out in Marian mode and enjoy one of my last days I can be en-femme during the day.  Of course, with the snow that came this afternoon, that squelched this idea.  And tomorrow's likely rain will also put a damper on things - even though the weather will be warmer.  Hopefully, I'll be able to connect with one of our former game night denizens, and see her and her baby again before I go back to work.







No comments:

Post a Comment