Friday, February 26, 2016

A last daytime game of Mah Jongg and other stuff


There are no more Thursdays before I start work.  And this was the last of my days where I could get dressed at leisure, go out in the world as Marian, and enjoy a full day playing games of all types.

- - - - - -

When I got up, I received the following message from GFJ:


I am just crashing. He can only do the pressure at 9 am. You will have to text me. The Wasband unplugged the WiFi to plug in the TV downstairs and I can't get the little point in the hole. I have to use data now.


It seems that the Wasband had to stay over to repair the water system she has in the house. They are tied together in ways not healthy for her, but this is to be expected in a divorce where both parties are fighting to keep their claims on the joint property.

My response was:

Make sure that he plugs the wi-fi back in later on; But why did he need to plug in a TV there?

I'd love to strangle that man. Don't worry - my fictitious aunt said she'll buy him a newly furnished home in Flint, MI...
 

The reference to an aunt is a joke which refers to my real last name.  If I had thought better, I'd have said something like: "Too bad this is 2016, and not approximately120 years ago.  I'd have asked Lizzie Borden to put him up for the night."  With my morbid sense of humor, I still enjoy reciting the famous verse:

Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one.

Again, there is something off...  GFJ lives in the Catskills, and Borden lived in Fall River, Massachusetts.  Too bad.

- - - - - -




Given that I've been putting off making Drunken Oreos for a while because of my last disaster, I broke down and started the process of making the filling before I went out to play Mah Jongg.  Just before I left, I tasted a spoonful of the filling, and realized that it was SWEET!  (And I didn't add any sugar!)  But considering the last disaster, this was a very positive development, as I couldn't taste the 4 shots of booze I added to the filling.

By the time I got to the Mah Jongg venue, I was only 5 minutes late - and we had a good time playing 3 handed Mah Jongg.  After one person left, WPB and I talked about many things - especially my issue of straddling the line between male and female, and having my reticence to commit myself to life in one gender or another. She focused on my romance with GFJ -  and noted that it was illogical to stay in a relationship with a woman who wants me as Mario, who may not be able to live with Marian.  Yes, this is an issue, but one I intend to let play out, as I enjoy GFJ's company for now.  I also noted that as Marian, I am accepted by most women as a peer, even though they see I'm transgender.  If I tried to socialize with the same women as Mario, I wouldn't be able to do so, as sexuality rules in our culture would get in the way of this.  It's frustrating that being transgender can get so complicated - but it's part of the world we live in, and there's not much I can do, except to move forward one careful step at a time.

- - - - - -



Our after game chat lasted much longer than expected.  And I had to rush back home to fill the Drunken Oreos, and then bring them down to Yonkers for game night.  No one complained of the taste, but I could tell that they were too sweet to have more than one or two.  There was no way that I wanted them back in the house, so I left them with the hostess.  Unfortunately, I also left my Mah Jongg tiles there, so I dropped a note to the hostess and asked her to hold them for me for next Thursday....







No comments:

Post a Comment