Friday, January 29, 2016

Whining and Dining - first time this year.


The one question I get asked about my job search is whether I'm looking for work as Mario or as Marian.  And I always say the truth to those who know about both persona - I've only been looking for work as Mario, as that's where the money is.  And this morning, I sent in 6 references - each of which I feel will paint me in the most glowing light possible. But enough of the job search.  If I get the job, I'll go crazy because I don't have enough Marian time in my life.  If I don't get the job, I'll start making calls to try to find grunt work as Marian, and continue to apply for higher paying work as Mario.

- - - - - -

When I got up, I had two things on the docket: (1) Going to White Plains and playing Mah Jongg with the girls, and (2) Going to the Whine and Dine meetup for the first time this year. As usual, I got moving way too late, and got to the Mah Jongg venue at WPB's house about 20 minutes late.  (I'm glad I called her on the way down - she had all the tiles ready for me to start play when I got there.)  And then we got into the game. I found it interesting that everyone was locked out of winning by tiles being kept in others' hands - and in the last game, WPB and I were playing to win with the same "hand", albeit with tiles in two suits flip-floppped.  It was fun.  However, WPB made a mistake with pronouns, and I brushed it off.  I have no problem with the other two ladies knowing that I'm transgender. Yet, WPB didn't think that these ladies picked up on the use of the wrong pronoun....

- - - - - -

After I left WPB's, I drove to the Whine and Dine meetup.  I'm glad that I allocated 90 minutes for the drive, as it took a little longer than expected. However, once I got to Fishkill, I was early - and decided to kill 20 minutes at Starbucks, nursing a cup of coffee and reading a newspaper.  A little bit later, I met the gals at our venue, and had a nice time catching up with the ladies.  There's not much more I can say - I enjoy being treated as a peer by the women, and I enjoy the fact that my presence only contributes to the vibe of the group....













No comments:

Post a Comment