Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What will I do for an Encore?


I've gotten near the point where I have to think of other things I can do to earn what passes for a living.  No, my savings hasn't run out yet.  But I don't want to squander what I've managed to save over the years by not working, as I dislike the idea of spending my old age in poverty.

There are hard choices I'll have to make.  The biggest one being, given my skill set, what kind of job can I reasonably expect to get that will present me with a maximum of income?  This is far from easy, because I've been working at the same kind of job for almost 30 years, and was in the middle of a transition when the layoff came.

Of course, I'd like to be able to work en-femme. But I don't think this is likely to happen unless a miracle occurs.  And then, how much time will I be able to work, and still have time for a social life en-femme.  Will GFJ be in my life?  If so, how much time will she expect me to be Mario?  So many questions, and so few answers....

Many late middle aged people have questions similar to the ones I have.  But they are not dealing with being transgender and how they can be their authentic selves. I have to evaluate many trade-offs that the average person wouldn't even think of.  Luckily, I have the resources that many don't have.  Hopefully, at some time in the future, life wouldn't be as hard for others, as they are now....














No comments:

Post a Comment