Saturday, January 16, 2016

Thank God It's Friday!


Today was a day that I avoided getting out of bed. I felt a little chilled, and the blankets felt a lot warm. So, I stayed in the bed until afternoon came.  Luckily, I had nothing to do but "chill".

When I made it out of bed, I knew that this was going to be a "Mario" day, as GFJ was supposed to come down after work.  One problem - she wasn't feeling well, and she was afraid that a cold similar to last year's cold would catch her, and not release her from its grips for a couple of months. If I had known this would happen, I'd have considered going out in Marian mode, save for one thing - I had to pick up a prescription at the local pharmacy.

On the way down to the pharmacy, I got a call from the co-op president. Other than telling her when the next co-op board meeting would be, I can't say much other than that we discussed how board members must be contacted to respond to problems of any sort, and what to do in exceptional conditions.  All boards have issues like this, and each decides what is best for its co-op. So I think we're on the right track - and I'll be supporting the president when she brings up some of what we discussed at our next meeting.

After this call, I contacted GFJ - and we were on the phone for an hour.  I had driven across the county, and was on my way back home when I ended the call to respond to DCD. He's dealing with a mess of crap in his divorce, so I was lucky to be in Mario mode when I decided to turn around and visit him.  (I'm glad I did so - he needed a friend to talk with.)  There's no way I can do justice to what he's been dealing with in his divorce, and I won't try to do so.  But I can say that Sam Kinison's routine about being divorced twice, then  going to Hell would be appropriate to describe what DCD has been dealing with....

Strangely enough, in retrospect, this is one day that I was in Mario mode.  Very strange, wouldn't you agree???



No comments:

Post a Comment