Monday, January 11, 2016

Parting is such sweet sorrow


GFJ had to leave today.  Hopefully, she'll be back on Friday, so we can spend one day of the upcoming weekend with me.  But I should be able to get 4-5 days in a row where I'm in Marian mode before she returns.

- - - - - -

On the docket for today was some work on an online course I must finish by Thursday.  One problem - when I tried to log on today, the site was likely undergoing periodic maintenance, and this takes away time I could be spending on the course.  Would I be able to start the course later today?  Who knows.  It all depended on whether the course would be available before I decided to do other things - like driving to New Jersey to see "The Hateful Eight" (Roadshow edition).

So what did I do while waiting to try the online course link again?  Absolutely nothing!  I'll admit that this might not have been the best choice, as GFJ helped me clean out a corner of the bedroom that must have been bothering her a little.  (Is she trying to make a nest?  I'm not sure, but she is not in the best financial shape and could be angling to encourage me to make an open-ended commitment before either of us have an idea of where we will be in a couple of years....)  Right now, I'm not reading much into her effort on Friday night.  Instead, I'll look for a pattern in her actions before doing any analysis in this regard, as women tend to send messages via subtle cues, while men are more direct.  As a result, this mismatch of communication styles has led to too many arguments between men and women, and I intend to avoid this problem as much as possible.

- - - - - -

Eventually, the online course became available, and I started work on it....  Keep your fingers crossed that I'll have completed the course by the time my rights have run out.






No comments:

Post a Comment