Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Finally, a cold, but sunny winter's day!


Normally, a winter in this region would look like the photo above.  There would be snow on the ground, and it would be cold outside.  Well, we finally got the below freezing cold, but not the snow.

- - - - - -

Last night, I finally finished the online course.  And the last module would be of no help to me, but I played it anyway.  Now, I can get back to my job search.

This morning, I woke up at a "normal" hour.  To me, that means I was up before 9:00 am, and was able to take advantage of the morning. And I got a lot of little things done, including a rescheduled meeting with the folks at NPW, where we slowly started to get things moving again with the project. Once done with the NPW phone call, I found out that my login wasn't working as expected, so I had to send an email to NPWJ requesting help with this issue.

After finishing with NPW, it was off to play Mah Jongg.  I'm a little nervous about meeting new groups of women for the first time - especially when I'm supposed to meet them at someone's house. But I shouldn't have worried, as I was warmly welcomed by the group. And shortly after the introduction to the game, the group moved to another table where we played the game as members of 2 person teams.  Believe it or not, I almost won - but someone else got the tile I needed before me.  It was a fun day, and we've already scheduled another get together for next week.

- - - - - -

When done with Mah Jongg, I decided to take a drive to The Avenue in Yonkers. My purpose was to window shop.  But when I had a choice of shoes that fit and they were on sale for $20, I couldn't resist - and bought a pair with a slight heel that would look good the next time I (as Marian) wear a pair of jeans.

Once done there, I took the slow road home.  When I reached Ossining, there was a backup on Route 9.  Instead of waiting to get through the jam, I decided to try to get around it - and explored the back roads, passing by Sing SIng in doing so.  (I probably spent more time than if I stayed on the original route.  But I prefer to keep moving in many directions, rather than getting stuck anywhere.)  Eventually, I made my way around the jam, and I stopped by a diner which had been shuttered for a few years.  I hope the place survives - it was an eyesore when empty, and it looks nice being filled....


No comments:

Post a Comment