Saturday, January 30, 2016

Before the storm....


It's amazing.  People are stocking up on supplies, preparing for Armageddon - when all we're going to have is a "little" storm.  Little????  We still don't know how much snow we're going to get here, but the latest US Weather Service prediction for my area of the NYC Suburbs is between 4" to 8" of snow.  If the power goes out, one can place food such as eggs outside, and not worry about having to open the refrigerator or freezer door, letting the cold air out. For most of us, power would be restored within 24 hours, and we'd be back to normal for Monday's commute.

- - - - - -

Normally, I would have spent the day en-femme, and maybe met one of my woman friends for a quick bite to eat.  It seems like it's been a while since I've seen either Vicki, BXM, and YGM. But today was not a day to try to visit any of them.  Instead, it made sense to run last minute errands (such as picking up a rack of ribs to cook tomorrow, and buying a collapsible shovel to leave in the back of my car in case of emergency). And it was easier to run these errands en-homme, as it took me less time to get ready to go out (which is a serious factor when one didn't bother to shower until 3:00 pm).

Of course, I expect to stay inside the house tomorrow, and possibly capture a few pictures of the snow outside my windows.  However, on Sunday, I expect to be cleaning off my car, and that will mean being en-homme for the day.  And even when I get a chance to go out en-femme, I'll be wearing something other than dresses or skirts - such as a pair of jeans.  Hopefully, this snow will melt quickly, so that I can go back to my normal wardrobe....





No comments:

Post a Comment