Friday, January 22, 2016

And what did I wake up to?


From the beginning, this day was going to be a bit different than the usual Thursday.  There was snow on the ground, and there would be no game night in Yonkers because the host family was ill with the flu.  So, I knew It would not be a routine day today....

- - - - - -

Although I had some ambivalence, I returned the call from the person who wanted to schedule an interview - and missed him.  He called back as I was leaving to play Mah Jongg, but I was closing the door and didn't want to be any later than I already was.  (I figure that I'll call him back in the morning, and make an appointment for next week.) In fact, I arrived at the venue as the hostess was leaving me a message, asking where I was.



Mah Jongg was interrupted several times due to calls received by the hostess - and the remaining 3 of us didn't feel comfortable playing on without her participation.  Eventually, she returned, and none of us could go out (win the game) because none of us had the right tiles on our racks.  Eventually, everyone had to leave, and we scheduled next week's game for a slightly later time than we played today.  But that wasn't the end of my visit.  The hostess asked me some questions about being transgender, and we had another long and pleasant conversation that lasted until 6 pm or so.  (She feels that I should bite the bullet and start living 24x7 - and deal with the potential consequences.  And I may do so a little sooner than I planned. But that's a story for another day - I'm not in a rush to do this.)

When I left, I contacted BXM, and suggested dinner.  She was OK with that, and we agreed to meet after her Karate lesson.  One problem - I had to kill a couple of hours, and I did so by shopping at Christmas Tree Shops and Trader Joe's.  When done with shopping, I made my way over to BXM's - and we went out to a local diner.  We chatted until after midnight, I dropped her off at her place, and then drove home.

When I got home, I found that the cleaning lady came for the first time in 2 months.  YAY!  But I'll have to call her and say that I can't afford to have her come more than once per month until I have a job.  She may not like that, but I don't have much of a choice.....

- - - - - -

In many ways, this was a true Marian mode kind of day, save the interruption of a Mario schedule issue.  Who knows - this may become less important as time goes on....


No comments:

Post a Comment